Having received Christ as my Lord and Saviour, and in recognition of God’s covenants toward us, I understand and agree to the content of this Ministry Covenant.
I resolve to minister within the church and within the world as a servant of Jesus Christ, under God, and according to Scripture. The following statements help to further define my commitment:
I. I will protect the unity of my church by acting in love toward other members by refusing to gossip by following the leaders by being supportive of GATEWAY’S Statement of Faith by complying with GATEWAY’S constitution and by-laws “So let us concentrate on the things which make for harmony and on the growth of our fellowship together.” (Rom. 14:19) “Have a sincere love for other believers; love one another earnestly with all your heart.” (1 Peter 1:22) “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs.” (Eph. 4:29) “Obey your leaders and submit to their authority. They keep watch over you as men who must give an account. Obey them so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be no advantage to you.” (Heb. 13:17)
II. I will share in the growth of my church by praying for its growth by inviting the unchurched to attend by warmly welcoming those who visit “To the church – We always thank God for you and pray for you constantly.” (1Thess.1:1-2) “The Master said to the servant, Go out to the roads and country lanes, and urge the people there to come so my house will be full” (Luke 14:23) “So, warmly welcome each other into the church, just as Christ has warmly welcomed you; then God will be glorified.” (Rom. 15:7)
III. I will serve the ministry of my church by discovering my gifts and talents by actively involving myself in ministry by being equipped to serve by my pastors by developing a servant’s heart by ministering in cooperation with others in the Body of Christ by supporting, through prayer and affirmation, others' gifts and ministries. “Serve one another with the particular gifts God has given each of you” “God gave some to be pastors and teachers, to prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the Body of Christ may be built up.” (Eph. 4:11-12) “Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus; who took on the very nature of a servant.” (Phil. 2:3-4, 7)
IV. I will support the testimony of my church:
- By attending faithfully.
- By living a godly life (applying Biblical principles in all aspects of my life).
- By keeping a regular, personal quiet time of Bible reading and prayer and regularly confessing my sins before God.
- By giving regularly.
- By abstaining from any act or attitude that is counter-productive to the purposes of the church or its ministries (Examples of acts of the sinful nature are: Adultery, cohabitation that includes physical intimacy and/or negatively impacts the church as a result of the appearance of evil, occult practices, dissensions/factions, drunkenness, same-gender sexual activity, criminal activity, any sexual abuse.).
- Biblical bases:
- Let us not give up meeting together … but let us encourage one another.” (Heb. 10:25).
- Whatever happens, make sure that your everyday life is worthy of the gospel of Christ.” (Phil. 1:27).
- So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.” (Romans 10:17); “All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,” (2 Timothy 3:16); “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.” (John 14:15); “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” (Philippians 4:6); “Pray without ceasing,” (1 Thessalonians 5:17 ).
- Each one of you, on the first day of each week, should set aside a specific sum of money in proportion to what you have earned and use it for the offering”. (1 Cor. 16:2); “A tenth of [all your] produce … is the Lord’s and is holy.” (Lev. 27:30); “Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and try Me now in this,” says the Lord of hosts, “If I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it. (Malachi 3:10).
- Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.” (1 Cor. 6:9-11).
- Biblical bases:
V. I understand that GATEWAY is responsible for the welfare of any person entrusted to my care, and thus I will co-operate fully with the staff in the fulfillment of my duties and will keep all information I encounter in my role as Partner confidential. If I find that for any reason I am unable to support the policies, procedures or doctrines of GATEWAY I will gracefully and quietly resign my position. If I fail to live a life consistent with God’s word so that my witness, the reputation of the Name of Christ and / or the integrity of GATEWAY is compromised I will withdraw from my position of ministry and submit to a process of restoration.
Download, sign, and email back to church office.