Whether you're skeptical about attending church or have been in churches your entire life, Gateway Church isn’t a place. Rather, it’s a group of people or a family that you can connect with and ask questions, receive support, and grow in your understanding of who Jesus is. Whatever ideas or beliefs you have about God, we have created a space for you in this community that will help you explore those ideas and beliefs in a welcoming, safe, and engaging environment.
If you've decided to join us for a Sunday gathering or church service, that's fantastic news! We can't wait to meet you. Here's everything you need to know about making that happen, because we know it can be intimidating when you attend a new church for the first time.
Our gatherings take place in the main auditorium or sanctuary at our location. At these gatherings we spend time singing to Jesus through music and learning about what the Bible teaches us.
After the music time we spend a few minutes announcing any upcoming events and activities (there is always something going on at Gateway). Before our lead pastor comes up to teach, we release the children & youth for age appropriate teaching time.
There's no dress code, and our gatherings and Sunday services. We believe in, "come as you are". Our main gathering time on Sunday mornings are usually about 1 hour and 30 minutes from start to finish. But wait! That's not all. After the teaching time, we have Yak 'n Snack. This is a time to hang out at the back of the meeting area and grab a sweet or healthy treat, juice or water, or coffee or tea. People like to hang out and chat for a few minutes (while eating a nice snack of course), before heading home.
When and where do you meet?
- Our main Sunday gathering or service time is at 10:00 AM.
- You can find us at 128 Mary Street, Arnprior, ON (the old Alexander Reid Public School)
Where do I park?
- We have parking available right in front of our main entrance (the school's front side entrance)
- There is a main parking lot to the left of the school with lots of parking, but if you are new, please follow the signs and find a spot right in front.
What do I do when I get there?
- Once you enter the main doors of Gateway Church, there will be friendly folk (we like to call them) to greet you and answer any questions you may have.
- The main gathering area is straight through the main doors. You will find comfy seats to sit down in.
- Coat racks are to the right, and washrooms are to the left around the corner.
What do I wear?
- Dress comfortably. You'll feel right at home wearing anything from shorts, to jeans, to business casual.
Where should I take my children?
- We have nursery (0yrs to 2yrs) services for your little one available during our whole gathering time. Someone will be more than happy to show you where that area is located. Or keep your little one with you, that is ok as well!
- We have the perfect place for your children after our music time. Someone will give instructions on where your preschooler, grade school, or youth child(ren) should go if they decide to follow the other children out.
What's the music like?
- During our music time we sing 3 or 4 contemporary worship songs that are lead by our band.
How long does the gathering time last?
- Each gathering time or Sunday morning service will last around 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Opening Music: 25 minutes
- Announcements: 5 minutes
- Teaching time & children's program: 45 minutes
- Closing Music: 15 minutes
How can I get connected?
- Gateway Church has a wide variety of activities and Life Groups. We provide every opportunity that you could imagine for deeper connection and growth in faith.