Explore life, faith & meaning
Alpha is a series of interactive sessions exploring the basics of the Christian faith. Alpha is an opportunity to explore life, faith and God in a friendly, open and informal environment.
Each session looks at a different question, and is designed to create conversation. There's no pressure, no follow-up and no charge; it's just an open, informal, and honest space to explore and discuss life's big questions together.
Our church will be running the "Alpha Film Series" Sunday evenings starting September 23rd (5PM - 7PM) until early December.
Whether it’s a group of friends gathered around a kitchen table, or a quick catch-up over coffee, food has a way of bringing people together. It’s no different at Alpha. All sessions start with food, because it’s a great way to connect, relax and build friendships.
The talks are designed to be engaging and inspire conversation. Usually around 30 minutes long, they explore the big issues around faith and unpack the basics of Christianity, addressing questions like “Who is Jesus?”, “Why and how do I pray?” and “How does God guide us?”
Probably the most important part of any Alpha: the chance to share thoughts and ideas about the talk without being corrected or judged. There’s no obligation to say anything; it’s an opportunity to hear from others and contribute your own perspective.
- Sunday, Sept. 23rd - Week 1: Is There More to Life Than This?
- Sunday, Sept. 30th - Week 2: Who is Jesus?
- Sunday, Oct. 7th - THANKSGIVING: NO ALPHA
- Sunday, Oct. 14th - Week 3: Why Did Jesus Die?
- Sunday, Oct. 21st - Week 4: How Can I Have Faith?
- Sunday, Oct. 28th - Week 5: Why and How Do I Pray?
- Sunday, Nov. 4th - Week 6: Why and How Should I Read the Bible?
- Sunday, Nov. 11th - Week 7: How Does God Guide Us
- Friday, Nov. 16th & Saturday, Nov. 17th - Alpha Weekend (with Glad Tidings Church Alpha Group, Location TBD)
- Introduction to the Weekend
- Who is the Holy Spirit?
- What Does the Holy Spirit Do?
- How Can I Be Filled with the Holy Spirit?
- How Can I Make the Most of the Rest of My Life?
- Sunday, Nov. 18th - Week 8: How Can I Resist Evil?
- Sunday, Nov. 25th - Week 9: Why and How Should I Tell Others?
- Sunday, Dec. 2nd - Week 10: Does God Heal Today?
- Sunday, Dec. 9th - Celebration Banquet (with Glad Tidings Church Alpha Group, Location TBD)